LCS designs and manufactures green automatic warehouses and material handling systems. We engineer sustainable solutions on an economic, environmental and social level.
We believe in the concept of Green Warehousing.
Contact us for further information and consulting: https://www.lcsgroup.it/en/contacts/
Green Warehousing can be defined as the cluster of technological and organizational solutions designed to increase the productivity of storage and handling processes while minimizing environmental impact, guaranteeing higher social standards and improving financial results.
The concept of Green warehousing is part of the broader picture of green Supply Chain Management and plays a crucial role in achieving green objectives both in logistics and at a corporate level.
Data generated from the 2014 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reported that 27% of the global greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions is emitted from industrial buildings, including warehousing and storage infrastructures.
Green Warehousing is a broad, multifaceted concept.
Sustainable green warehouse means both reducing energy consumption and preferring alternative/renewable sources, as well as optimizing the use of materials and improving operational efficiency by taking the right choices in terms of layout, technology, storage strategy and picking.
Solutions for a greener and more sustainable warehouse can be divided into 3 groups:
- Reduction of environmental impact in terms of harmful emissions
- Reduction in the consumption of resources, also by supplying them from alternative sources
- Sustainability in facility design
Best practices for a Green Warehouse:
- Implementation of a paperless warehouse management system (WMS)
- Using an energy efficient lightening
- Using doors equipped with sensor for automatic closing
- Using wind turbines and/or solar energy
- Using ventilators to push hot air from the top to the bottom of the warehouse
- Using sensors for lightening so the light is turned on only in the passage/area where needed
- Using building materials which are better insulator
- Using equipment with less carbon emission and less energy consumption
- Using returnable/recyclable containers and packaging materials
- Forklift and AGV fleet improvements
- Facility design preserving the distinctive traits and value of the construction site
The adoption of a green and sustainable warehouse approach leads to environmental, economic and social benefits, with positive outcomes in terms of corporate image and competitiveness:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Good relations with stakeholders
- Green image
- Higher productivity
- Reduced liability risk
- Reduced taxes
- Improved financial performance
- Reduced environmental impact (e.g. CO2-emissions, noise levels)
- Better utilization of natural resources
- Development in harmony with culture and available resources
- Reduced social cost (e.g. health problems in the communities)
- Enhanced quality of life
Contact us for further information and consulting, together we will design the best solution for a green and sustainable warehouse: https://www.lcsgroup.it/en/contacts/.