Malpensa Cargo: storage and material handling more efficiently with LCS LogiCARGO
Milan Malpensa Cargo covers an area of 180.000 square meters. Inside were made infrastructure and facilities for the treatment of air freight that can handle all types of goods.
The facilities include:
- 2 warehouses for the handling of air cargo;
- a mechanized plant fully automatic for handling and storage of ULD;
- 2 plants mechanized automatic additional trucks for interfacing with systems;
- 2 structures at a controlled temperature for perishable goods;
- areas for the stationing and control of small size animals and large size animals;
- an area office for operators and control authorities.
In 2014 LCS has completed the technological upgrading of the management and control system of mechanized handling and storage ULD.
The plant had several limitations. The aim was to improve the flexibility of the management strategies flows, to increase system reliability and availability of a more accurate diagnostic and statical data more complete and to resolve the obsolescence.
Through the software installation of LogiCARGO it was possible to achieve the set objectives, all while maintaining operative continuity.
LogiCARGO is an integrated system (WCS+WMS) which manages staorage and material hanling in automatic and/or manual plants Cargo.
It use handler information to optimize the flow of import/export, applying the most appropriate strategies for transfer, storage and picking operations in order to optimize the flow, the area of the storage and the paths of the machines and operators.
It can be customized to suit specific needs and requirements..
LogiCARGO is an application with web interface “user friendly” that can be used on any device (PC, PDA) with an internet browser of the latest generation.