Fimma – Production under control
For 50 years , Fimma has been working in the field of automatic buttons and today it is a leader in this industry. In particular, it produces buttons and metal accessories in the clothing, leather goods, footwear and paper industries . Since the ’90s, the company wanted to solve the problem of automatic monitoring of production department , where finished products are assembled and customized.
Later, Fimma asked to extend its control over all the other departments. This request was the pretext for a redesign of the whole system, considering the new company requirements. The new project, which began in 2004, involved:
– the launch of production and the automatic data acquisition system in the various departments
– the control of tooling department activities
Department trance machines, assembling and shipping lines
In these departments, only the Cpeasy 2.6 automatic acquisition and data management was used. Smart cards have been designed and implemented, that allow the company to acquire automatically the various states of the machine, to interpret them and to manage events accordingly. Furthermore, plans for radiofrequency terminals have been carried out so that the operators can:
• View and assign orders that are released from AS400 system (ERP)
• Insert stop causal when they are not detected automatically (by video or bar code)
• Enter the operator code (by video or badge)
• Query the status of various machines (times, subjects, total and partial produced pieces, alarms)
The collected data from the tabs are stored directly in the local memory and downloaded directly and cyclically to AS400 system.
The tooling department is considered a company within the company. The Cpeasy 2.6 system works in stand alone mode and interfaces with both AS400 for purchase orders, and CAD system for bill of materials and production drawings .
The activities carried out on Cpeasy 2.6 are :
- creation of tools production orders on requests coming from various outside departments
- tools, orders, cycles and phases code management
- production sequences planning
- orders progress monitoring
- production consumptive (times and costs)
What are the advantages?
Fimma S.p.a. is today a consolidated project that owes its success to the professionalism of all the staff, from managers to line operators. The objectives have been achieved: the costs of manual data collection and the inefficiency of the machines were decreased and the resources have been optimized by generating a greater productive efficiency and a timely intervention in case of malfunction.