How is composed a M.E.S.
This is the classic (and simple) network architecture that a company should support in order to introduce a MES system.
Inside it, it is possible to highlight the interfaces between MES and ERP systems and all subnets that allow communication between Server and MES:
- PC Client and production offices
- Stationary industrial terminals (RFID portals, thin-client, touchpanel, labeling, etc. ..) and radio (PDA, Tablet PC, Barcode Reader, etc …)
- Supervisory systems (SCADA)
- PLC and production machinesIt isn’t definitely a complex architecture, but it can be expensive in terms of technology interfacing Server with your production lines. On this issue LCS comes in, thanks to its know-how gained from many years of software development for automation, and deals this rock quietly adopting:
- Driver communication standards such as Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Schneider, Foxboro, Fisher-Rosemount and Honeywell
- Industrial access points with directional and classical antennas
- PLC concentrators
- Profibus reapeter, serial converters / Ethernet / OPC standard
- Terminal Server, industrial gateway, etc …
- Barcode scanner, RFID portals, template checks, etc …The software architecture is instead characterized by major technological innovations that LCS adopts as experienced and certified.The 4 main features that highlight the use of these technological innovations are:
- robustness: the MES application is developed based on the market software product called “System Platform” of society Wonderware, whose LCS is a certified partner, widespread and consolidated worldwide
- reliability: the platform architecture provides a high service level (redundant servers / clusters and uninterruptible power supplies)
- standardization: the platform enables the implementation of functions of MES application through standard and actual methodologies, that allow, thanks to the experience gained in various production industries and to the full involvement of our customers, a simple division of its functions with “user friendly” interfaces
- scalability and flexibility : the adopted development technologies enable, in short term, to model easily processes to represent and monitor; functional needs that may arise in later stages can be met starting from the application base made (such as a simple acquisition of data from the field).
Finally, the system implemented by LCS is able to communicate with many different management software, and then using the most common techniques of file transfer, data exchange on relational databases, as well as the use of XML, B2MML and SAP compatible protocols.
WEB 2.0 technology is the main feature of MES client that make the system accessible remotely by any PC with a web browser and connected to the corporate network or Internet.